Summer is here, and the roads are getting busy – everyone’s off to the beach or a backyard BBQ. To keep yourself, your family, and other motorists safe this summer, follow these 10 courteous driving safety tips!
1. Pass on the left, and move right as soon as you can.
2. If your lane is ending, merge – don’t pass.
3. Before changing lanes, check that blind spot and use that turn signal.
4. No last-minute lane changes! For example, if your right exit is coming up, get in the right lane.
5. See a stranded motorist? Call #911. It’s a free call and could really make someone’s day.
6. Never tailgate. If somebody “forces” you to tailgate because they cut you off, use that horn. That’s what it’s there for.
7. Don’t block an intersection.
8. If you are driving well below the speed limit, use your four-way flashers.
9. In a parking lot, realize that people can’t see with their back bumpers. If a car starts to back out, and you can’t see the driver, the driver can’t see you.
10. Don’t park so close to other cars – this makes people really mad.
Courteous driving can help keep everyone on these busy Summer roads safe, including yourself! For more information on automotive safety and car care awareness, be sure to check out the rest of my website or sign up for my monthly newsletter by going to the contact page here!