Demons Durangos and Hellcats – Oh Yes!
These cars don’t stand in, they stand out on the road and at auto shows. This is Dodge’s Super Bowl commercial. No boring soul-less vehicles!
Dodge Announces U.S. Dealer Allocation Plan for 840- horsepower Dodge Challenger SRT Demon
Demon allocation process designed to build the Dodge brand halo.
- New Dodge Challenger SRT Demons start at $84,995 (including $1,700 gas guzzler tax, excluding $1,095 destination); Demons crate unleashes full power for $1 extra
- To protect the pricing on these cars, Dodge created this plan. Demons sold at or below MSRP will receive priority scheduling resulting in lower serial numbers; Demons sold at a price that exceeds MSRP will be produced after priority production is completed
- Production of limited-edition, serialized, single model-year (3,000 United States/300 Canada) Challenger SRT Demon begins later this summer 2017.
- Demons sold at or below MSRP will receive priority scheduling resulting in lower serial numbers
- The limited-production, 840-horsepower Dodge Challenger SRT Demon – the fastest quarter mile production car ever – is due to start arriving in dealerships this fall. Engines are tested on a Dyno at 690 lb-ft of torque at 6500 rpm. With hi-octane gasoline. * Twin fuel pumps, hi-octane fuel is equipped to get the most from the motor.
- The Dodge Challenger SRT Demon is the first-ever production car to do a front-wheel lift, as certified by Guinness World Records, and it’s the world’s fastest quarter-mile production car with an elapsed time (ET) of 9.65 seconds at 140 miles per hour (mph), as certified by National Hot Rod Association (NHRA). It also registers the highest g-force (1.8 g) ever recorded at launch in a production car.
The 2018 Dodge Challenger Demon represents the best of what Dodge//SRT stands for – performance capabilities that are second to none, iconic styling and a heritage built on pushing the boundaries of what is possible at a price that is attainable. We know some dealers may be tempted to sell to the highest bidder, but we are encouraging them to leverage the Demon as a halo for both the brand and their dealership, to bring customers into their showrooms and see everything we have to offer.”
- Stock Hellcat transmission with an improved torque converter, transmission brake added system but only available in Drag Mode. Launch control is standard too.
- Car is transformed to a drag car with improved Nitto radial tires 315/40-R15 for drag racing. Special Demon tires offer increased speed ratings too.
- Improved drive shaft, rear differential and upgraded 1/2 shafts.
- ADS suspension changes alone accounts for a 11% increase in grip of the rear tires.
- Results: 9.65 1/4 mile drag runs -AT 140 MPH. That’s a 35% improvement over the Hellcat.
- Car is speed limited at 168 mph. Eva use its a tire limitation.
- Demon production of limited-edition, serialized, single model-year (3,000 United States/300 Canada) Challenger SRT Demon begins later this summer; deliveries to Dodge//SRT dealers to begin this fall.
- Dodge brand’s performance legacy inches closer with the 2018 Dodge Challenger SRT Demon – the most-powerful, street legal production car ever – arriving in dealerships this fall, Hagerty is unleashing official insurance policies specifically tailored to give Demon owners specialized insurance coverage and the ability to enjoy their new performance machine
2017 Wide Body Challenger
Bigger tires – 20″ wheels , wheel flares, suspension is tuned for the bigger tires.
The body kit has the Hell Cat spoiler, less drag, Hell Cat rear spoiler, top speed 194 mph.
Electronic power steering with street, track and normal.
2018 Dodge Durango SRT
Gives SRT Attitude With Every Durango Powertrain
Dodge took the wraps off its new 475-horsepower 2018 Dodge Durango SRT, introducing America’s fastest, most powerful and most capable three-row SUV with 475 horsepower. Durango SRT’s aggressive, functional performance hood and fascia as standard equipment.
New Dodge Durango SRT starts at $62,995 (excluding $1,095 destination)
- New 2018 Dodge Durango SRT is the most powerful three-row SUV with its 475- horsepower legendary 392-cubic-inch HEMI V-8 engine
- Fastest and most capable three-row SUV with a National Hot Rod Association (NHRA)–certified quarter-mile time of 12.9 seconds and capable of 0-60 mph acceleration in 4.4 seconds
- Durango SRT out-hauls every three-row SUV on the road with best-in-class towing capability of 8,700 pounds
- New exterior performance features include widebody exterior design and functional SRT hood with center air inlet duct flanked by heat extractors, as well as a new front fascia and lower valence to house new cold-air duct and LED fog lamps
- Standard leather and suede, available high-performance Demonic Red Laguna leather seating and new carbon-fiber trim distinguish Durango SRT’s performance interior
- All customers who buy a new Durango SRT will receive one full-day session at the Bob Bondurant School of High Performance Driving
- The new 2018 Dodge Durango SRT will start arriving in Dodge dealerships during fourth quarter 2017
Watch our other His Turn-Her Turn™ reviews:
2017 Volvo V90
2017 Acura MDX Hybrid Sport
2017 Mazda MX-5 Miata RF
2017 Mini Countryman
2018 Alfa Romeo Stelvio
2018 Toyota Camry
2018 Volvo XC60
2017 Honda Civic Si
2018 Honda Odyssey
2017 GMC Acadia
2018 Acura TLX
2017 Nissan Rogue Sport
2018 Volkswagen Atlas
2017 Toyota Corolla
2017 Honda Clarity Fuel Cell
2017 Toyota C-HR
2017 Jeep Compass
2017 Land Rover Discovery Sport
2017 Kia Niro
Sign up for the Free Monthly Car Coach Report Newsletter: http://eepurl.com/CBl_z
For His Turn-Her Turn™ expert car reviews: histurnherturn.com
Visit Paul’s website: paulbrian247.com
Car Courtesy of Dodge
Aired: August 8, 2017
Music: by AudionautiX.com
Disclosure: Free Royalty Music
His Turn-Her Turn™ is a production of Automotive Aspects Inc.
©Automotive Aspects, Inc., 2017. All Rights Reserved.