National Car Care Month in April is the time of year to give your car some extra attention. Basic maintenance can go a long way toward improving the safety and dependability of your vehicle, plus it helps avoid costly repairs down the road.
Neglected vehicle care almost always means much higher costs down the line in the form of more extensive repairs or lost resale value. Chances are if you own a car, it needs some work. National Car Care Month in April is the perfect time to focus on your vehicle’s maintenance needs.
Studies show that 7 out of 10 vehicles were neglected by drivers. These results show that the majority of vehicle owners could save money by being more proactive when it comes to their vehicle. Whether you do it yourself or take your car to a professional service technician, make sure your car is ready for the spring and summer travel season.
These basic tips will keep your car at its best:
- Check all 9 fluids in your car: including the oil, filters and fluids; brake, transmission, power steering, coolant and windshield washer fluids should also be checked regularly. Your car’s filters, including those for the transmission, fuel system and interior ventilation, need regular inspection and replacement.
- Clean your fuel system, with new hi-tech cleaning fluids. CRC 1-TANK Power Renew® Complete Fuel System Cleanup is a highly concentrated detergent-based Cleaner designed to eliminate carbon deposit build up from all areas of a vehicle’s fuel system with just one use. CRC 1-TANK POWER RENEW is lab tested and proven to restore and significantly improve power and driving performance while increasing miles per gallon. 1 treatment lasts 4,000 miles. You may not realize it because it happens gradually, but ever since the very first time you drove your car or truck it has been losing power, wasting fuel and producing more emissions. A complete fuel system cleanup that will remove harmful carbon deposits and provide dramatic improvement in your vehicle’s power, performance and MPG with the very first use and is available for gasoline and ethanol blends and is also available in a formula for diesel engines.
- Check the engine brake system every year and have the brake linings, rotors and drums inspected at each oil change.
- Check that the battery connection is clean, tight and corrosion-free.
- Check the pressure of all tires, including the spare, at least once a month. Check the tread for uneven or irregular wear and cuts and bruises along the sidewalls. Have your car’s alignment checked at least annually to reduce tire wear and improve fuel economy and handling.
- If you need new tires, look for tires that can save you money at the pump. Continental’s newest tire, the TrueContact, features EcoPlus.
- Technology, which provides for long-wear and saves fuel over the life of the tire. In fact, it can save the consumer up to $550 when compared to leading competitors. This all-season tire has excellent wet-braking, stopping up to 30 feet shorter than other tires in that category. They feature Tuned Performance Indicators, which alert drivers to the tires optimal performance in dry, wet and snow conditions.
- Test exterior and interior lights and have bulbs that are not working checked immediately.
- Replace windshield wiper blades every six months or when cracked, cut, torn, streaking or chattering for optimum wiping performance and safety.
- Spring is the perfect time for windshield wiper blade maintenance as we transition into the rainy season. After the extreme snow and ice we’ve experienced this winter, it’s important to replace damaged wiper blades to maintain maximum driving visibility. TRICO Force® is a high-performance, beam blade engineered with a VorTec® aerofoil, which redirects wind force for maximum windshield contact, and HighGlide®, which preserves rubber for a smoother, quieter wipe. Its patented swept-wing spoiler slices through cross winds, buffeting truck airstreams and general traffic turbulence, to deliver a clearer wipe for excellent visibility in all driving conditions.
With the increasing number of distractions on the road, from daydreaming to cell phone use, car crashes can happen to anyone in a split second. There is a growing need for technology to keep drivers safe.
Safe Drive Systems advanced auto safety systems feature anti-collision technology and analyze traffic conditions in real time, offering you a way to combat distracted driving and heighten your awareness of possible dangers. The systems work in all weather conditions and detect all vehicles on the road, including bicycles.
With audio and visual signals, Safe Drive Systems’ anti-collision auto safety systems offer the same forward collision and lane departure technology found in new, luxury vehicles, for the auto aftermarket (you don’t need to purchase a new car to acquire anti-collision technology).
Safe Drive Systems’ advanced auto safety systems are available for installation nationwide at your own home, for an affordable price. See how it works just click here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A92sUjZ6fC8
Receive a FREE car care guide from the Car Care Council – “Be Car Care Aware” and learn more about your vehicle