Next-generation Escape lineup – including the return of the Escape Hybrid – throughout Kentucky’s iconic Bourbon Trail.
Paul Brian and Lauren Fix, The Car Coach
Largest segment that is growing.
Escape was the first EV SUV in 2005.
Power: 180 to 250 hp
Engine Choices: 1.5 L EcoBoost w/180hp; 2.0 L – 235 hp or 2.5 L 4-cylinder
Transmission: 8-speed CVT
Tows: 3500 lbs
5 Trim levels: S, SE, SE Sport Hybrid, SEL, Titanium
5 wheel choices – 17, 18 or 19” tires
Price: From $24,885 – $36,685
Hybrid and Plug-In Hybrid
Battery is 1/3 smaller, lighter
60% improved fuel economy
Faster than previous model
1500 lbs towing capacity
Both engines are 2.5L Atkinson hybrids
Hybrid: 198 hp (550 mile range)
Plug-in: 209 hp (30 mile of pure EV)
No storage loss with the battery.
Co-Pilot 360 advanced safety suite is standard
Updated styling and interior
Capable and flexible for daily use
Rear sliding seat – 6 inches
Tons of 2nd row legroom
Head up display is a pop up
No lumbar on passenger side- seating comfort
Needs more boost on regular engine.
Standard Ford Co-Pilot360 — an advanced suite of standard driver-assist technologies that includes:
* Pre-Collision Assist with Automatic Emergency Braking,
* Auto High-Beam Headlamps, Lane-Keeping System
* Rear View Camera
* Evasive Steer Assist (std on Titanium)
* additional technology available that is designed to help keep you in command, from the driveway to the highway.
* Stop and Go Cruise control
* Lane Centering
* Wider, longer, lower – improved head, shoulder, knee and leg room.
* Fits 6 full size golf bags in trunk
* Front row- 15 L of useable storage.
* Center console holds 10” lap top and a medium sized purse.
* Lowered belt line for better visibility.
* 8” touch screen
* 12.3” digital gauge cluster- customizable
* Sync 3
* Drive Modes- 5 modes standard
* Wireless charging, (4) USB-C, USB-A, 3-12V outlets
* Head up display – pop up
* 4G Wi-Fi 50 foot range. (10 devices)
Our Gear: kit.com/CarCoachReports/our-studio-kit
Watch our other His Turn-Her Turn™ reviews:
2019 Dodge Durango SRT 392
2019 Mazda 3
2019 Volkswagen Golf SportWagen
2019 BMW X5 xDrive50i
2020 Toyota Corolla
2019 Shelby GT350
2020 Toyota GR Supra
2019 Hyundai Elantra Sport
2019 Cadillac Escalade
2019 VW Golf
2020 Range Rover Evoque
2020 Jeep Gladiator
2020 Kia Telluride
2019 Mustang GT Convertible
2020 Kia Soul
2019 Volvo XC90
2019 BMW i8 Roadster
2019 Lexus RX350L
For more automotive industry news go to laurenfix.com
For breaking news:
Follow Lauren on Twitter @LaurenFix and on Facebook LaurenFixTheCarCoach
Follow Paul on Twitter @ThePaulBrian
Paul Fix III on Twitter: @Paulfix3
Check out our Patreon: www.patreon.com/CarCoachReports
Sign up for the Free Monthly Car Coach Reports Newsletter: eepurl.com/CBl_z
For His Turn-Her Turn™ expert car reviews: histurnherturn.com
Car Courtesy of Cadillac
Aired: July 29, 2019
Music: by AudionautiX.com
Disclosure: Free Royalty Music
His Turn-Her Turn™ is a production of Automotive Aspects Inc.
©Automotive Aspects, Inc., 2019. All Rights Reserved.