2016 Mitsubishi Outlander features Mitsubishi’s new dynamic design and over 100 engineering and design improvements. Watch the His Turn-Her Turn™car review with Lauren Fix, The Car Coach and guest reviewer Javier Mota. Check out the new Outlander!
The 2016 Mitsubishi Outlander has a dynamic new design and a long list of engineering upgrades—it literally looks, drives and feels like an entirely new vehicle.
Along with its powerful new design, improved dynamic character, the new 2016 Outlander has undergone over 100 important engineering and design improvements to deliver a new level of refinement and overall driving experience.
New for 2016 Mitsubishi Outlander (U.S. Model):
• New exterior design with redesigned front fascia, front fender, halogen headlights, LED position lights, lower door sections, 18-in. alloy wheels standard, rear fascia, tailgate garnish and LED taillights (all models) and power-folding side mirrors, windshield wiper de-icer and LED headlights (GT model)
• New updated interior featuring a redesigned steering wheel, seating surfaces, accent trim, rear folding seat, headliner, display audio system (all models) and auto-dimming rearview mirror with HomeLink (GT model) plus both Android Auto and Apple Car Play.
• Numerous improvements to the chassis including increased body and suspension structural rigidity, redesigned suspension and Electric Power Steering, noise-isolating windshield and rear door glass, more sound insulation throughout the vehicle, dynamic front suspension and rear differential dampers, improved weather stripping and engine compartment trim (all models)
• New generation continuously-variable transmission for improved acceleration, performance, shift feel and torque delivery (all CVT-equipped models)
• Lower price for high-tech safety systems including Forward Collision Mitigation, Lane Departure Warning and Adaptive Cruise Control (available for SEL and GT models)
• New Quartz Brown exterior paint
The 2016 Mitsubishi Outlander boasts an expanded standard features package that includes stylish new LED positioning lights, 18-in. alloy wheels, LED taillights, and a reconfigured interior including a redesigned steering wheel, improved second-row seating, accent trim, seating surfaces and headliner, among other new features/amenities
• Automatic climate control
• ECO Indicator light
• Tilt and telescopic steering wheel
• 6 speaker 140-watt AM/FM/CD/MP3 audio system
• FUSE Hands-Free Link System® w/USB port
• Electric Power Steering (EPS)
• Power door locks and side view mirrors
• Power windows with driver’s one-touch up/down
• Full-color LCD 6.1″ Multi-Information Display with rear camera (SE , SEL and GT models)
• 60/40 split folding rear seat with independent slide and reclining adjusters
• 50/50 third-row fold-flat seating
• Underfloor rear cargo storage
• Leather-wrapped steering wheel and shift knob – SEL & GT
Power Sunroof and Fosgate sound system on GT only.
2.4L MIVEC SOHC 16-valve Inline 4-cylinder (ES, SE & SEL)
166hp. @ 6,000 rpm, 162 lb.-ft
3.0L MIVEC SOHC 24-valve V6 (GT) with 224hp @ 6,250 rpm, 215 lb.-ft.
Transmission: Continuously-variable transmission (CVT) or 6-speed Sportronic automatic transmission with paddle shifters
Super All Wheel Control (S-AWC) – 4 modes: ECO, Normal, Snow, and Lock (for secondary roads). You can shift on the fly, no need to stop to switch modes.
2WD or 4WD and a 3500lb. towing capacity
2.4L 2WD 25 city / 31 hwy / 27 combined (ES, SE, 2.4L 4WD 24 city / 29 hwy / 26 combined (SE, SEL)
3.0L 4WD 20 city / 27 hwy / 23 combined (GT)
• Advanced seven (7) air bag SRS system including driver’s knee air bag, advanced dual-stage front air bags, front seat mounted side-impact air bags and front and rear curtain side air bags
• Hill Start Assist (HSA)
• Anti-lock braking system (ABS) with Electronic Brake-force Distribution (EBD)
• Active Stability Control (ASC) with Traction Control Logic (TCL)
• Engine immobilizer anti-theft system
• Anti-theft security alarm system
• Optional: Adaptive Cruise Control, Forward Collision Mitigation (radar based and will avoid a collision under 20mph.) and Lane Departure Warning (SEL and GT models)
IIHS Top Safety Pick +
Model line up – we have driven both models
SE – $23,995
SEL – $24,995
GT – $30,995
5 year / 60,000 miles warranty
5 years or unlimited road side service
Colors: Quartz Brown (new), Cosmic Blue, Labrador Black, Cool Silver, Mercury Gray, Rally Red and Diamond White
Built in Illinois
Slogan: “Find Your Own Lane”
Safety – Styling – Driving Experience
His Turn-Her Turn™ is a production of Automotive Aspects Inc.
©Automotive Aspects, Inc., 2016. All Rights Reserved.