Need a full-size SUV that offers good fuel economy, increased technology and is affordable to the masses?
The all-new 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee is a full-size SUV that earns good fuel economy, offers increased technology and is reasonably priced. Let’s take a closer look.
Model — 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Engine — 3.6L V6– 17 city /25 hwy. mpg
5.7L HEMI V8– 360hp. 15/21mpg
3.0 liter EcoDiesel V-6 engine delivers an estimated driving range of 730 miles and 30mpg. combined – 240 hp.
V6 — 6,200 lbs.
V8 and Diesel — 7,400 lbs.
Price — starts at $28,795
• Limited – heated seats, rear backup camera and upgraded 4×4 and Sport setting
• Overland – 20″ wheels, improved exterior package, soft-touch, leather and Quadra-Lift adjustable air suspension.
• Summit- luxury upscale image, body color wheel flares and 2-tone elegant appearance, real wood, top-quality leather and high-end details. $47,995 loaded with all the options
• Diesel – $2,300 extra.
The 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee offers a new 8-speed automatic transmission for better fuel economy and new wheel choices: 17, 18, and 20″. Other new features include new sheet metal and an all-new rear wing and lift gate design backed by a cool new exhaust pipe and rear-end design.
All Cherokees included the legendary Jeep 4×4 capability courtesy of three 4×4 systems:
• Quadra Trac 2, which varies torque and the Quadra Drive system;
• Selec-Terrain traction management system.
• New Select-Speed Control and a smarter hill decent and accent off road system.
The ECO button changes shift points to improve fuel economy; engine and transmission calibrations change and the body lowers to become more aerodynamic. On the other hand, SPORT mode is more aggressive and adjusts engine and transmission settings to give you a more spirited drive.
The Cherokee offers plenty of technology features: 8.4-inch Uconnect touchscreen display, 7-inch dash cluster display configured to cloud-based voice texting, Wi-Fi and Sirius Travel Link, to name a few, plus 70 advanced safety and security features.
The 2014 Cherokee also boats all-new interior color palates designed by an interior-designer: Morocco, Vesuvio, New Zealand and Grand Canyon.
• Audi Q7
• Rover Range Rover Sport
• Volkswagen Touareg
• Improved design and handling
• Strong new diesel engine with impressive fuel economy and towing capacity
• New fuel-efficient eight-speed transmission
• Quality and quiet upscale interior
• A bit noisy on the highway
• Needs passenger lumbar on seat
The 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee’s updates include a new transmission, exterior and interior redesigns, an optional diesel engine and a SRT performance model that’s even more impressive.
Remember, when shopping for a new car, test drive as many vehicles as you can in the class you are looking in to make sure you find the car that is best for you. For more information, visit www.jeep.com.
Courtesy of YNN/Time Warner Cable